Workplace well-being resources & toolkits
Workplace well-being programs are focused on promoting healthy habits to improve the overall physical and emotional health of your employees. As health care costs continue to rise, workforce well-being is becoming more necessity - than luxury. Sometimes promoting a healthy lifestyle is as simple as building awareness to existing resources. Once employees know what services and tools are available, they can make good decisions to support their health and well-being.
Employer services and resources
On-site flu shot clinic resources
Flu vaccines are free for Providence Health Plan members.
- Members must present their member ID card at the time of service.
- Many providers will bill any health insurance carrier, please discuss billing options with provider.
- If you don’t offer on-site flu shots, encourage employees to get one with their provider or at a participating pharmacy.
Keep your employees healthy during flu season.
Schedule an on-site flu shot clinic by contacting one of the organizations below, or search our provider directory for participating pharmacies.
Albertsons / Safeway Flu Clinic Team
- Contact Anthony Desmond by email or call 339-236-2771.
- Flu clinics can be requested by going through the B2B-Rx: Clinic Request site.
- Minimum participation: 25 patients
- Contact Brian Moores by email.
- Minimum participation: 100 patients
Fred Meyer (Kroger)
- Contact Kroger by email, or visit the Kroger Health Business-to-Business portal here.
- Minimum participation: (no minimum required)
- Contact Hassan by email, or call 503-258-9800. More information is also available at GetAFluShot.com.
- Minimum participation: (no minimum required)
Credena Health Pharmacies
LabCorp Employer Services
- Contact Amy Steinberg by email.
- Minimum participation: 50 patients
- Contact Rite-Aid’s flu vaccine coordination team on their website.
- Minimum participation: 20 per hour
- Contact Junaid Chowdhury by email, or call 971-230-0555 with questions.
- Request a flu clinic by going to their website.
- Minimum participation: 50 patients
Wellness 2000 Inc.
- Contact Victoria Crane-Walker, Flu Shot Coordinator, by email, or call 541-776-9167.
- Minimum participation: 12 per hour
If you have questions, please call the pharmacy contacts listed above or your Providence Health Plan account manager at 877-245-4077.
Health management consulting services
Health is not a one-size-fits-all model. That’s why our health management consultants collaborate with you to execute a wellness program tailored to meet the specific needs of your organization. This is a free service available to groups with more than 50 employees. We start by working with you to complete an organizational assessment, which includes; identifying your needs, understanding your options, engaging your employees and evaluating program outcomes. Using best practices, we determine the most effective strategy to design your wellness program and provide you with customized solutions, communication materials and recommendations for keeping employees motivated.
To get started, call 877-245-4077 and speak with a health management consultant or account manager.
Please download our health management consulting services flyer to learn more.
Health Management Consulting Services flyer PDF
Member health and well-being resource guide
Providence is committed to supporting employers who invest in the health and well-being of their employees. Whether you're looking for an economical, turnkey program or you want to sponsor a robust campaign with dedicated resources, we can help.
Employer Well-being Resource Guide PDF Member Well-being Resource Guide PDF
Get to know your Providence Health Management team
Ensuring the well-being of the community means everything — to all of us. Your Health Management team is here to help you accomplish your goals and build a relationship grounded in trust and support.Meet the team
Create your well-being program strategy
Getting started with workplace well-being toolkit
Employees spend much of their time at work, making it a great place to promote healthy habits. As an employer, you can have a positive influence by creating a workplace that fosters and supports well-being. An effective wellness program can facilitate a cultural change that reaps longer-term benefits at your workplace and ultimately impacts your bottom line. We've developed this toolkit to help you identify your organization’s interests and needs, design impactful initiatives, engage your employees and evaluate your workplace wellness program.
Getting started with workplace wellness PDF
Health equity resources
Prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace can help our communities achieve true health equity across race, gender identity and socioeconomic status.
Download our employer strategies and Providence initiatives to learn:
- Why diversity, equity and inclusion is more important than ever
- Practical strategies for promoting health equity in workplace
- More about Providence's initiatives for advancing health equity
Employer strategies PDF Providence initiatives PDF
Workplace well-being calendar
It’s important to prioritize workplace well-being now more than ever. Help keep your employees happy, healthy and productive by encouraging whole-person care throughout the year.
Download our employee well-being calendar and employer guide to access:
- 12-months of tips and information focused on relevant well-being topics that encourage employees to adopt healthy habits
- Ideas and resources to help you plan and implement activities throughout the year
If you would like to receive the employee calendar as individual months, email us at WorkplaceWellness@providence.org.
Workplace well-being trends
Read our insights on emerging trends and effective well-being initiatives that you can implement to support your employees in achieving True Health. Download our guide to this year’s well-being trends.
Well-being trends PDF
Healthy Bites podcast
Encourage your employees to prioritize self-care by sharing episodes of our podcast, Healthy Bites. In each 20-minute episode, our health coaches engage in practical conversations that empower individuals to create sustainable lifestyle changes.
Healthy Bites Podcast
Health fair planning toolkit
Most employees spend one-third of their day at the workplace. Employers have the opportunity to make a difference in their health by providing programs, policies, benefits and environmental supports that promote well-being. A health fair is a great way to launch new wellness initiatives, share health education information, conduct preventive screenings and immunizations, raise awareness of health risks, demonstrate healthy habits and promote organizational benefits and community resources. We've developed this toolkit to help you with planning, hosting and evaluating the success of your health fair.
Health Fair Planning toolkit PDF
Encourage healthy habits
Mental well-being resources
Employees’ needs vary across the mental health continuum. The way we think, feel, and are treated drives how we navigate the world around us - from how an employee engages in their work, to how a leader speaks with their team, to how an organization prioritizes employee well-being.
Use our collection of resources to help your employees practice mindfulness, build resilience, and reduce stress and anxiety.
Resources for HR Teams
- 5 strategies to improve your organization’s mental well-being initiatives and outcomes (PDF)
- 5 ways to design a culture of mental well-being for a stressed-out workforce (PDF)
- 5 ways to support BIPOC mental well-being (PDF)
- 5 ways to address mental health stigma (PDF)
Resources for Leaders
- 5 ways to support remote employees (PDF)
- 5 ways to help employees achieve and maintain a healthy work-life balance (PDF)
- 5 ways to prevent and address burnout (PDF)
- 5 tips for leading your team during times of crisis (PDF)
Resources for Members
Flu prevention toolkit
Flu prevention is more important than ever this season. Help keep your employees protected and productive by implementing smart strategies in the workplace.
Download our flu prevention toolkit to access:
- Tips for planning successful flu prevention initiatives
- Ideas for supporting flu prevention in the workplace
- Resources for hosting an onsite flu shot clinic
- Communication templates that encourage employees to get their flu shot
Flu prevention toolkit PDF
Boost vaccination rates in the workplace
As an organization, you have a unique opportunity to help your communities address gaps in vaccinations while showing your employees you care about their well-being.
Download our employer strategies to access:
- Tips for addressing vaccine hesitancy
- Ideas for increasing vaccine rates in your organization
Employer strategies PDF
Tobacco-free workplace toolkit
Smoking leads to increased risk of developing chronic health conditions, like heart disease, lung cancer, and kidney disease. In comparison to their colleagues, smokers have lower productivity, higher health care costs, and increased absenteeism. Taking steps to eliminate tobacco in the workplace and helping smokers quit for good can have serious benefits.
Download our toolkit to access:
- Strategies for addressing workplace tobacco use
- Resources to support employees in quitting smoking
- Tips for planning and implementing a tobacco-free workplace policy
Tobacco-free workplace toolkit PDF Tobacco-free resources PDF
Understand and promote health plan benefits
Primary care provider toolkit
Research continues to demonstrate that employee health and well-being is good for business. A healthy workforce can mean fewer sick days, lower medical claims and increased productivity. Like a trusted auto mechanic, a primary care provider plays a critical part in making sure you and your employees run smoothly. To that end, we’ve developed this toolkit as a means to help you connect your employees with a primary care provider. Inside you will find resources such as sample email templates, and promotional materials such as flyers and infographics to distribute among your workforce.
Primary Care Provider Toolkit (PDF)
Primary Care Provider Flyer (PDF)
Health coaching toolkit
Staying committed to health and well-being isn’t always easy. Sometimes your employees need a little support – a Providence health coach can help set personal goals, offer motivation when they need a nudge, help remove barriers and hold employees accountable for their wellness goals. This toolkit is designed to help you communicate the Providence Health Coaching Program to your workforce. You’ll learn about the importance of health coaching and our program offerings, as well as communication pieces to support a well-being campaign.
Health Coaching toolkit PDF