Minimize risk and maximize your benefits with our self-funded services
Self-funding is a financial arrangement where an employer assumes the responsibility for plan design and the financial risk for paying claims.
The Providence difference
Integrated care and service
Value and affordability
Our self-funded plans offer:
- Flexible and custom benefit platforms
Choice, Option Advantage, HSA Qualified, Connect, Personal Option
- Competitive discounts to our national provider network
- Evidence-based and effective medical management
- Claims determination and accurate processing
- Comprehensive online reporting
- Dedicated account management teams
- Clear benefit summaries
- Seamless enrollment and billing
- A secure member website, myProvidence with Wellness Central, and FitTogether, a suite of health and wellness programs for a fit workforce
- Robust behavioral health network featuring options for virtual and self-directed care with support
- Flexible and custom benefit platforms
- Aggregate and specific stop-loss insurance at competitive rates
- EAP and health coaching tailored to member's specific needs
- Integrated HSA, HRA and FSA accounts with HealthEquilty
- Smart RxAssist: reduces member copay to $0 on select specialty medications
It starts with the network
Best-in-class pricing and national coverage coast-to-coast
With providers and hospitals in Oregon, Washington and beyond featuring some of the best in-market domestic contracts, we deliver on affordable high-quality care. To ensure that same quality care to our out of area members, through our relationship with Cigna you will have peace of mind knowing your employees have access to nationwide coverage. The Cigna PPO Network* is not just a travel network. With our integrated in-house care management, we support access to care, cost containment and positive health outcomes.
We offer customizable plan types to meet the unique needs of your business and your peopleLearn more
Add-on services and buy-up options
More is more. Enhance your comprehensive health plans with supplemental services to provide a truly unique benefits package for your employees.
Alternative medicine plans
Alternative medicine options provide benefits for medically necessary chiropractic, acupuncture and/or massage therapy services from licensed providers.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
One of the most effective ways to identify and address personal problems, which leads to healthier, happier employees.
Integrated HSA, HRA, and FSA
Lower healthcare cost contributions, create tax savings for your business, and lower the bottom line while supporting employees healthy lifestyle choices.
Integrated pharmacy plans
Including a comprehensive prescription drug formulary, enabling employers to configure the level of coverage and cost-sharing that works best for their business and employees.
Limiting liability with stop-loss insurance ensures a business’ financial protection for claims that exceed claim thresholds for an individual employee or the entire group.
Vision Service Plan (VSP)
We offer six vision plan options with a broad network of providers.
Preventing intensive treatment through increased behavioral health support
Providence values whole-self care for all members and we know one-size doesn’t fit all. Supporting different ways to access care and everyone’s unique journey, our benefits cover a wide range of needs. Options include in-person and virtual care, digital self-management tools, and a dedicated 24/7 crisis line.Learn more
Member engagement tools to increase utilization, keep members healthy, and lower costs
Providence helps businesses address the full spectrum of their employees health and wellbeing – not just when they are sick, but ahead of time to prevent sickness and disease – with additional services and perks that fit many unique needs.
myProvidence.com (member portal)
With a myProvidence.com account, members can securely manage and access their health benefits online from any smart device whenever they like.
- Find in-network providers
- Print a replacement ID card
- Estimate costs for services
- View claims and explanations of benefits
- View progress towards your deductible and out-of-pocket maximum
- Take a personal health assessment so we can help serve members better
- Communicate with Customer Service via secure email and chat
- Access exclusive member discounts on fitness memberships, travel and more
The Wellness Dashboard is an integrated hub that helps members translate health and wellness goals into meaningful action by taking a health assessment, participating in wellness challenges and incentive campaigns, and accessing health education tools.
- The Health Assessment gives members a health report to understand lifestyle risk areas and personalized recommendations to help improve their well-being.
- Wellness challenges are a fun way to motivate employees to engage in their well-being. We offer four standard wellness challenges that track activity such as number of steps and minutes of activity.
- Employer incentive campaigns are a points-based solution that encourage members to engage in healthy habits. Participants earn points for tracking daily activity.
Whether members are looking to increase activity levels, reduce stress, improve eating habits, lose weight, quit tobacco or just feel better every day, teaming up with a Providence health coach can help.
The Providence standard health coaching program offers:
- Personalized goal setting with manageable steps
- One-on-one health coaching sessions
- Educational materials
The Providence Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyle (H.E.A.L.) program offers:
- A yearlong program with 26 sessions led by a certified health coach, delivered in a 1:1 or webinar format
- Designed to prevent type 2 diabetes and promote moderate weight loss
- Access to a free wearable activity tracker and educational materials
Eligibility is determined by calling the health coaching program
Holistic pain management Kaia’s at-home therapy program is here to help you manage pain, whether it’s sudden, occasional or chronic, with support every step of the way. Connect to an evidence-based digital therapy app to identify and treat joint and muscle pain, and to get a customized therapy plan of exercise, relaxation and expert advice.
Diabetes prevention program Omada for Prevention helps members achieve and maintain a healthy weight by closing gaps in care with guidance and support from any smart device. They’ll quickly connect to a personalized care team to get support and to track progress between appointments.
Type 2 diabetes reversal program Virta is a provider-led and research-backed treatment that can help lower blood sugar and A1c, reversing type 2 diabetes. Personalized treatment plans include medical supervision from a physician-led care team, a one-on-one health coach, diabetes testing supplies and educational tools. Available as both mobile and desktop apps.
One Pass Select™
Members can access thousands of participating fitness centers, digital workout videos and receive home grocery delivery service - starting at less than $1 a day.
Membership tiers available to fit any members lifestyle.
LifeBalance gives members and their families discounts on the things they love to do, like going to the movies or taking a vacation. They’ll find ways to stay active, reduce stress and save money on thousands of recreational, cultural, well-being and travel-related purchases.
We’ve partnered with Assist America Travel Assistance® to provide logistical support for emergency medical needs when away from home. Get help with prompt admission to a qualified hospital or replacing prescriptions that have been left behind, and much more.
Assist America protects from the theft of personal data and helps restore its integrity if it is used fraudulently. Store important information in a safe location, and if it’s lost or stolen, take advantage of a fast and simple resolution process.
Let’s find the right plan for your business and your people.Get in touch with Sales
*The Cigna PPO Network refers to the healthcare providers (doctors, hospitals, specialists) contracted as part of the Cigna PPO for Shared Administration. Cigna is an independent company and not affiliated with Providence Health Plan. Access to the Cigna PPO Network is available through Cigna’s contractual relationship with Providence. All Cigna products are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. The Cigna name, logo, and other Cigna marks are owned by Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc.